Thursday, April 18, 2013

Emanuels

For my first post, I thought I would go to someplace that is right in my backyard, literally. I could hop over my back fence and land in the dumpster. Emanuel's is located on 900 E in Provo, in the same area as the Gold's Gym. This spot has seen numerous restaurants in the few years I have been at my residence, but this is by far my favorite one. Upon walking in, you have the feeling that the food would be the quality of a Betos or Rancheritos. You will be surprised to find out that the food is something that you would expect from a traditional Mexican restaurant. The food is prepared very fast, I barely have time to sit down after grabbing salsa from the salsa bar before my food arrives. I am fairly certain I have had at least half of the items on their menu, and each one of them has been fantastic. Most items are between $6-$8, but comes with a ton of food.

In a nutshell: If you can get over the fact that there is no mariachi music playing and you don't get chips and salsa while you wait, this place is money.

MadBrad Recommends: The chicken flautas (shown below) or their California burrito. Not a big fan of the Chile Verde, it tastes a lot like the green chili that the previous place made...not sure if their is a connection or not.
Emanuel's Fresh Grill on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Brad! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/54/10777/Salt-Lake-City/MadBrads-Guide-to-Happy-Valley-Grub.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete